Monday, September 17, 2007

My Death in a Midsummer Night's Dream

So last night I had the oddest dream. I can't remember the last time I dreamt and actually remembered the dream. Anyone who knows me knows of my love for movies. Well, this dream was exactly like a movie. It was like I was watching it unfold on-screen. Earlier in the evening, I had said goodbye for what will hopefully be the last time to my once-upon-a-time "dreamgirl". Funny how it would cause this reaction...

*Begin dream sequence...that which I remembered at 6:00AM to jot down anyways*
Some time had passed and I had met and become re-acquainted with an old friend from high school named Ingrid. It was so weird because I never had any sort of feelings for her, but I guess my loneliness and spite for the dreamgirl drove me to ask her to be my wife. For some odd reason, she suddenly turned into the CFO of the company I work for. Next thing I know, I'm telling her that I can't marry her because I don't want to ruin her marriage and her family. (so weird).
The next part of the dream was in slow-motion with some song I have never heard playing as a sort of soundtrack. I was in some sort of open-air marketplace that struck me as being in Italy or somewhere actually cultured. There were a lot of people around sitting at tables & others walking around the market. I am carrying an art print I had just purchased to give to the CFO as a token of appreciation I guess? Anyways, I'm walking and I see the dreamgirl and her roommate sitting across the way. I go to walk along the side of the open-air area, near the wall. I walk slowly behind a pillar and the dreamgirl's roommate comes slowly into view and then the dreamgirl, herself. She looks up from what she's reading and we make eye contact. At that moment, it's like my heart just finally gives out and I crumple to the floor with my arms outstretched. The camera just kinda catches the top half of me as I fall and falls along with me as it pans to just capture the art print and my empty, outstretched hand lying on the floor. Then it fades to black. Finally, the scene ends with a caffeine warning message about how at that point in my life I was drinking 4 energy drinks and taking a caffeine pill each day.
*End dream sequence*

Anyways, so yeah. That was definitely one of the strangest dreams I've ever had. I'm not gonna lie, it kinda made me feel like a lunatic. Have a good one!

2 comments:

ronduh said...

that is stinking hilarious....

My dreams are almost never in any recognizable order...I always wish they would organize themselves into some recognizable time line like this...

Andy said...

dude. so many questions but the one i want to ask is if you really take a caffeine pill every day and wash it down with 4 energy drinks?